As policy-makers we will:
- Actively communicate our commitment to equal opportunities for everyone living in the city;
- Ensure equal access and non-discrimination across all our policies;
- Facilitate engagement from migrant communities in our policy-making processes and remove barriers to participation.
As service providers we will:
- Support equal access for migrants to services to which they are entitled, particularly access to language learning, housing, employment, health, social care and education;
- Ensure that migrants’ needs are understood and met by service providers.
As employers we will:
- Take steps where required to reflect our city’s diversity in the composition of our workforce across all staffing levels;
- Ensure that all staff, including staff with a migrant background, experience fair and equal treatment by their managers and colleagues;
- Ensure that staff understand and respect diversity and equality issues.
As buyers of goods and services we will:
- Apply principles of equality and diversity in procurement and tendering;
- Promote principles of equality and diversity amongst our contractors;
- Promote the development of a diverse supplier-base.